Sunday, March 11, 2012

I'm Back

You didn't know I was gone? Well, I was. I've been in Washington, in the Tri-Cities of Pasco, Kennewick, and Richland, on the Columbia River. I was one of twelve(!) authors presenting to 650(!) teens at the Cavalcade of Authors.

It was an amazing experience, and probably the most well-organized events I've ever experienced. The Cavalcade, founded by the redoubtable Michelle Lane and co-chaired by Leslie Olds, has been going and growing for several years now, and this was the biggest one yet. Next year, I am told, it'll be even bigger!

It was wonderful meeting all the other authors—Frank Beddor, Royce Buckingham, Janet Lee Carey, Alex Flinn, Colleen Houck, Blake Nelson, Ridley Pearson, Alexander Gordon Smith, Vivian Vande Velde, Robin Wasserman, and Jim Whiting. But the best part was meeting the teens, every one of whom had read books by at least four of the authors. They kept us on our toes with many thoughtful, interesting, and often startling questions.

Here's a photo I shot from the stage during the closing Q&A session.

No comments: