Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Not a Kids' Book

The first book I sold, way back in the 1990s, was the funny, profane, and violent tale of 73-year-old Axel Speeter, a taco vendor at the Minnesota State Fair. The Mortal Nuts was named a New York Times Notable Book in 1996. It has been out of print for several years now.



I finally got around to making The Mortal Nuts available as an ebook.  So far, it's just on Kindle. To celebrate, I'm running a Valentine's Day Special, which runs through April May 15th. I guess that makes it a Valentine's/St. Patricks/April Fools/Tax Day/Cinco de Mayo Special, and that makes it very special indeed! How special is it? Why, you could buy this book in a dollar store.


So far, it's only available in Kindle format. On April May 16th, the price will go up to $2.99 (still a cheap date). By then I should have it ready for the Nook, and on Smashwords, and I'll be ready to publish my next blast-from-the-past ebook: Short Money.



No comments: