Monday, March 22, 2010

Council Bluffs

Here's a photo of me and Teen Services maven Anna Hartman standing in front of a golden mummy. Ever see that movie "Bucket of Blood?" It's about a sculptor who finds success by murdering people and covering their bodies with a thin layer of plaster. It made a big impression on me when I was ten years old. Anyway, as I was delivering my talk in Council Bluffs a few weeks ago, the golden mummy stood silently at my back the entire time, and I kept thinking about that movie, and how the thing at my back might be a deceased librarian preserved by a shell of gold leaf. If you ever visit the teen area at the Council Bluffs Public Library, check it out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The golden statue no longer lives... it fell apart :(

Pete Hautman said...

So sad...I hope you gave it a proper burial.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

No its sitting in Anna's office